Health And Care Worker VISA

FAQ – How To Obtain UK Health And Care Worker VISA

Over the last few months, you have probably heard about the UK Health And Care Worker VISA, you probably know someone that left an African country to go and work in the UK. How did they do it, most Zimbabweans have been asking, this article will answer the most frequently asked questions about how one can obtain a UK Health And Care Worker VISA.

What Is A Health And Care Worker VISA? It is a VISA that enables medical professionals to go and work in the UK for the National Health Services (NHS), or an NHS supplier or in adult social care if they are eligible.

Who Can Apply For The Health And Care Worker VISA? Qualified doctors, nurses, health professionals, adult social care professionals
who work in eligible health or social care jobs. These include, but not limited to:

  • Podiatrists,
  • Dental Practitioners,
  • Medical Practitioners,
  • Psychologists,
  • Pharmacists,
  • Biochemists,
  • Health Services and Public Health Managers and Directors,
  • Residential Care Managers and Proprietors,
  • Day and Domiciliary Care Managers and Proprietors
  • Nurses
  • Midwives
  • Laboratory Technicians
  • Paramedics
  • Opticians
  • Social Workers.
  • Occupational Therapists
  • Speech and Language Therapists
  • Pharmaceutical technicians
  • Nursing Assistants/Nurse Aides
  • Dental Nurses
  • Senior Care Workers
  • Medical and Dental Technicians

Do I Just Apply For A VISA If I am An Eligible Health And Care Work Professional? No, you first have to check if your occupation falls under eligible occupations according to the UK Government requirements. Then you will need to look for a job either at the NHS or an organisation providing medical services to the NHS or an organisation providing adult social care. When you receive a job offer then you can apply for the Health And Care Worker VISA.

How Do I Apply For Eligible Jobs In The UK When I’m In Zimbabwe or Any Other Commonwealth Country? Find An Agency That Specialises In medical professional placements in the UK and retain their services for them to look for a job on your behalf.

After I Have Found A Job And Have Obtained An Offer Letter What Do I Do Next? You then apply online for the Health And Care Work VISA

What Documents Does One Need To Apply For The Health And Care Work VISA?

  • A certificate of sponsorship reference number from your employer
  • English Proficiency proof
  • A valid passport
  • Your job title and annual salary given by the prospective employer
  • Your job’s occupation code
  • Name and sponsor license number of your employer and their sponsor licence number
  • Other documents like criminal record certificates, bank statements, marriage certificates and children’s birth certificates may be required depending on the circumstances of your application.

Do I Have To Write A Knowledge Of English Test? YES If you do not have a degree qualification that was taught in English, and NO If you can prove that your degree qualification was taught in English.

What English Proficiency or English Knowledge Test Do I Have To Take? You will need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to test your writing, listening, speaking and reading abilities. The test is usually provided by an approved provider. These include:

  • LanguageCert
  • Pearson
  • PSI Services (UK) Ltd
  • IELTS SELT Consortium

How About My Partner And Children Can They Get VISAs too if I’m moving to the UK? Yes, if they are eligible they will be able to obtain VISAs to stay in the UK for the duration of your stay in the UK.

How Long Will I Be Able To Stay In The UK? Your Health And Care Worker VISA will be valid for 5 years, after that you can either extend it or apply for another VISA.

Source: UK Government

6 replies

Trackbacks & Pingbacks

  1. […] months, the UK government has given many an opportunity to live and work in the UK. We have on this blog run a series of how you can migrate to the UK as a health worker. Health Care Assistants/Support Workers/Nurse Aides migrated in droves to the UK […]

  2. […] out some of our answers to some frequently asked questions on other […]

  3. […] you wish to start working on your Health and Care Work Visa to the UK, check these frequently asked questions on the […]

  4. […] from outside the UK who want to go and work in the UK must apply for the Health and Care Worker VISA if they meet the requirements stipulated by the UK […]

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.