5 Ways To Improve Productivity At Your Workplace
Management has from time immemorial have oftentimes struggled to develop effective ways to improve productivity in their workplaces. The problem was then exacerbated by the pandemic and the advent of remote working. Remote working contributed to decreased productivity in some organisations as people took time to do other things during working hours. not to discredit the fact that in some organisations people still take time off their work to do other things unrelated to their work. Productivity is still a problem in many workplaces and managers and supervisors are still cracking their heads over this problem even when the world is now moving into the fourth industrial revolution. Productivity is defined as the effectiveness of productive effort. The amount of labour, capital and time being put into production measured against the output or the outcome.
In many cases, especially in the service industry, it is hard to measure productivity because the organisation’s output is measured as a whole and there is no room or method that can be used to measure productive individual effort. However, there are other things that just affect an individual’s productivity these include but are not limited to:
- Low employee morale
- Poor management
- Poor time management
- Poor communication
Hard as it might be to motivate people to stay efficient, effective and productive at all times, something has to be done in order to help organisations maintain standards at all costs. There are a few things management can implement to improve productivity, these include:
- According to Indeed a career development platform, it’s always advisable to set smaller objectives. this will not put too much pressure on the employees in a bid to fulfil them and retain or keep their jobs.
- Implement effective time management strategies for example setting reminders, setting personal deadlines for some tasks and establishing a routine where applicable and using time management tools like the Pomodoro strategy among other tools.
- Find a way whenever possible to limit or reduce interruptions and disruptions in a workplace. Some organisations discourage the use of phones during working hours to limit disruptions.
- Whenever possible delegate tasks, separate your work life and your personal life and always make sure that you have a reasonable workload. Even superhumans need to rest too.
- Do your heavy work, or the heavy lifting when you are at your best. This means if you know you are most energetic in the morning, then do the hard work then so that you will not be tired and timid when it’s time to do some heavy work later on.
Its such as you learn my mind! You appear to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something. Kevin Sigg
Good answer back in return of this matter with real arguments and telling the whole thing regarding that. Melonie Gonzales Ailbert
I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this web site is in fact pleasant. Thurman Lovgren
You completed some nice points there. I did a search on the issue and found most folks will have the same opinion with your blog. Wilfredo Harju
You could definitely see your enthusiasm within the work you write. Joseph Wadlington
Im very happy to find this website. I wanted to thank you for your time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely savored every part of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new stuff on your website.
Currently it appears like Expression Engine is the best blogging platform available right now. Danny Spyies
There as certainly a lot to know about this topic. I love all the points you ave made. Keith Sionesini
You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the subject matter and found most people will agree with your site. Frankie Schepp